Version française à venir
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Shopify to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information, if you contact us directly.
We will only contact you via email if there is a problem with your order, for example, if your shipping address is incomplete, or there has been an unforeseen delay. We do not currently have a mailing list or newsletter, but when we do you will not be added to it without your consent. Your phone number will only be used when required by the delivery company to ship your order.
Our online store is hosted by Shopify Inc. who provide us with the e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you. Your information is stored through Shopify’s data processing and databases. They are stored on a secure server behind a firewall.
Our email is powered by Gmail, a third party email provider, and all correspondence is stored in a password protected account.
Access to Your Payment Details
On our website, we process payments using Shopify Payments and PayPal. If you buy from us in person, we process payments with Square. We never have access to your card number or payment details.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will only disclose your information when necessary to fulfil your order, for example through a shipping or delivery service, or if we are required to by law. We will not sell your personal information.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request and ask Shopify to do the same. Please note that Shopify will not delete your data until the 180 day window for credit card chargebacks has passed and that some anonymised transaction data does need to be preserved for tax purposes. You can modify your information when you log into your account if you have created one on our website.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Catherine Harvey and Jacinthe Pellerin, are the data controllers of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.